10. Because they all look like Roseanne instead of like Brittney.
9. Because they all sing funny, and when they’re not singing funny they’re not singing at all.
8. Because these pieces have all been recorded 100 times before.
7. Because the three tenors are too old now.
6. Because you can’t understand the words.
5. Because the records are too expensive.
4. Because you can’t dance to it.
3. Because it’s all about the technicians and not about the musicians. Oops! That’s pop music.
2. Because it’s all too old, too stale, too frozen in the past.
1. Because no one will commit to going that last mile, because there are no performers today willing to stick their necks out and step up to greatness.
Quirijn de Lang in updated and abridged Hamlet
3 hours ago