Turandot by Puccini (October 12), We open our season with Christine Goerke. This should be fantastic.
- Conductor: Yannick Nézet-Séguin
- Production: Franco Zeffirelli
- Turandot: Christine Goerke
- Liù: Eleonora Buratto
- Calàf: Yusif Eyvasov
- Timur: James Morris
Manon by Massenet (October 26), I would want this for Lisette and Michael.
- Conductor: Maurizio Benini
- Production: Laurent Pelly
- Manon: Lisette Oropesa
- Chevalier des Grieux: Michael Fabiano
- Guillot de Morfontaine: Carlo Bosi
- Lescaut: Artur Ruciński
Madama Butterfly by Puccini (November 9), This is the opera I always skip.
- Conductor: Pier Giorgio Morandi
- Production: Anthony Minghella
- Cio-Cio-San: Hui He She will look the part
- Suzuki: Elizabeth DeShong
- Pinkerton: Andrea Carè
- Sharpless: Paulo Szot
Akhnaten by Glass (November 23), I've wanted to see this for quite a while.
- Conductor Karen Kamensek
- Production Phelim McDermott--New
- Queen Tye Dísella Lárusdóttir
- Nefertiti J'Nai Bridges
- Akhnaten Anthony Roth Costanzo
- High Priest of Amon Aaron Blake
- Horemhab Will Liverman
- Aye Richard Bernstein
- Amenhotep, the Scribe Zachary James
Wozzeck by Berg (January 11), Peter Mattei is something to look forward to. The production comes to the Met from Salzburg where I saw the stream last summer.
- Conductor Yannick Nézet-Séguin
- Production William Kentridge--New
- Marie Elza van den Heever
- Margaret Tamara Mumford
- The Drum Major Christopher Ventris
- The Captain Gerhard Siegel
- Andres Andrew Staples
- Wozzeck Peter Mattei
- The Doctor Christian Van Horn
Porgy and Bess by Gershwin (February 1), There are a lot of great singers in this cast. The Gershwin family insist that all of the black characters be played by black singers.
- Conductor David Robertson
- Production James Robinson--New
- Bess Angel Blue
- Clara Golda Schultz
- Serena Latonia Moore
- Maria Denyce Graves
- Sportin' Life Frederick Ballentine
- Porgy Eric Owens
- Crown Alfred Walker
Agrippina by Handel (February 29), At last we will get to hear Joyce DiDonato sing a significant Baroque role.
- Conductor Harry Bicket
- Production Sir David McVicar--New
- Agrippina Joyce DiDonato
- Poppea Brenda Rae
- Nerone Kate Lindsey
- Ottone Iestyn Davies
- Claudio Matthew Rose
Der Fliegende Holländer by Wagner (March 14), This is a distinguished cast. I think this is new to HD.
- Conductor Valery Gergiev
- Production François Girard--New
- Senta Anja Kampe
- Mary Mihoko Fujimura
- Erik Sergey Skorokhodov
- Steuermann David Portillo
- Holländer Sir Bryn Terfel
- Daland Franz-Josef Selig
Tosca by Puccini (April 11), This is for Netrebko, of course.
- Conductor Bertrand de Billy
- Production Sir David McVicar
- Tosca Anna Netrebko
- Cavaradossi Brian Jagde
- Scarpia Michael Volle
Maria Stuarda by Donizetti (May 9) This is the third David McVicar production in this list.
- Conductor Maurizio Benini
- Production Sir David McVicar
- Maria Stuarda Diana Damrau
- Elisabetta Jamie Barton
- Leicester Stephen Costello
- Cecil Andrzej Filonczyk
I might have liked to see Tara Erraught in Cenerentola. Werther with Joyce and Piotr would have been lovely. Sigh.