Jeremiah Shaw, cello, Joseph Maile, violin, Eric Chin, violin, Pei-Ling Lin, viola.
The Telegraph Quartet came once again to play at my alma mater as part of the New Millennium Concert Series.
They have delved deeper than Schubert and Mozart this time. The three pieces below are all by Czech composers.
String Quartet No. 10, Opus 51 by Antonin Dvořák (1841-1904). This is the most conservative of these three selections.
- Allegro ma non troppo
- Dumka: Andante con moto - Vivace
- Romanza: Andante con moto
- Finali: Allegro Assai
Five Pieces for String Quarter by Erwin Schulhoff (1894-1942). He was a German jew born in Czechoslovakia and died in the holocaust. I enjoyed this very much. It might possibly be called a suite, though certainly not in the classical form.
- I. Alla valse Viennese (Allegro)
- II. Alla serenata (Allegretto con moto)
- III. Alla Czeca (Molto allegro)
- IV. Alla tango milonga (Andante)
- V. Alla tarantella (Prestissimo con fuoco)
- Allegro semplice
- Presto aggitato
- Allegro con fuoco
- Moderato comodo
- Andante maestoso
Post a Comment