Disclaimer. The contents of this list comes from Opera Wire. I hope it is accurate.
Oct. 9, 2021 – Boris Godunov by Mussorgsky.
The opera will be presented in its original 1869 version which appears to have no role for Marina. This opera was presented at the Met in the longer version in 2010 in the same production which also starred René Pape in one of his greatest roles.
- Production - Stephen Wadsworth
- Conductor - Sebastian Weigle
- René Pape - Boris
- Alexey Markov
- Stanislav Trofimov
- David Butt Philip
- Ain Anger
- Maxim Paster
Oct. 23, 2021 – Fire Shut Up in My Bones by Terence Blanchard, libretto by Kasi Lemmons. This opera had its premier in 2019 at Opera Theater of St. Louis.
- Production- James Robinson and Camille A. Brown
- Conductor- Yannick Nézet-Séguin
- Angel Blue, Destiny/Loneliness/Greta
- Latonia Moore - Billie
- Will Liverman- Charles
Dec. 4, 2021 – Eurydice by Matthew Aucoin. This is a new Orpheus opera having its Met premier. The world premier was at the LA Opera 2/1/2020 just before everything shut down.
- Production- Mary Zimmerman
- Conductor- Yannick Nézet-Séguin
- Erin Morley _ Eurydice
- Joshua Hopkins, baritone - Orpheus
- Jakub Józef Orliński, countertenor - Orpheus' alter ego.
Jan. 1, 2022 – Cinderella
by Massenet is usually called Cendrillon, but will here be presented in an English-language translation. We had this with the same production in French with Joyce DiDonato in 2018. This is a shorter, more family oriented version.
- Production- Laurent Pelly
- Conductor-Emmanuel Villaume
- Isabel Leonard - Cinderella
- Jessica Pratt - Fairy Godmother
- Emily D’Angelo - Prince Charming
- Stephanie Blythe - MMe
- Laurent Naouri - Pandolfe
Jan. 29, 2022 – Rigoletto
by Verdi. No more Rat Pack. This is a new production by Bartlett Sher. I am so pleased we will all get to hear Quinn Kelsey's wonderful version of Rigoletto.
- Production - Bartlett Sher
- Conductor - Daniele Rustioni
- Rosa Feola - Gilda
- Piotr Beczala - Duke
- Quinn Kelsey - Rigoletto
March 12, 2022 – Ariadne auf Naxos by Richard Strauss. This is for Lise Davidsen, of course. I am very happy with this choice. When Brandon Jovanovich comes out at the end, we will know he is a god.
- Production - Elijah Moshinsky
- Conductor - Marek Janowski
- Lise Davidsen - Ariadne
- Brenda Rae - Zerbinetta
- Isabel Leonard - The Composer
- Brandon Jovanovich - Bacchus
March 26, 2022 – Don Carlos by Verdi. Met Opera audiences will get a chance to see Verdi’s famed opera in its original French version for the first time in its history. Elina and Sonya were in a version from Paris in 2017.
- Production - David McVicar
- Conductor - Yannick Nézet-Séguin
- Elina Garanca - Eboli
- Matthew Polenzani - Don Carlos
- Sonya Yoncheva - Elisabeth
- Étienne Dupuis - Rodrigue
- Günther Groissböck - Philippe II
- John Relyea - Grand Inquisitor
May 7, 2022 – Turandot by Puccini. This is the traditional Zeffirelli production, and Anna Netrebko's Met role debut.
- Production - Franco Zeffirelli
- Conductor - Marco Armiliato
- Turandot - Anna Netrebko
- Calaf - Yonghoon Lee
- Liu - Michelle Bradley
May 21, 2022 – Lucia di Lammermoor by Donizetti. This is a new production, but I loved the old one. The ghost at the fountain was genius.
- Production - Simon Stone
- Conductor - Riccardo Frizza
- Nadine Sierra - Lucia
- Artur Rucinski - Enrico
- Javier Camarena - Edgardo
- Matthew Rose - Raimondo
June 4, 2022 – Hamlet by Brett Dean which had its world premier at Glyndebourne in 2017.
- Production - Neil Armfield
- Conductor - Nicholas Carter
- Brenda Rae - Ophelia
- Rod Gilfry - Claudius
- Allan Clayton - Hamlet
- Dame Sarah Connolly - Gertrude
- Sir John Tomlison - Ghost
Our list includes 3 new operas, and new productions of Rigoletto and Lucia di Lammermoor. In addition we can count the Met premier of the original French version of Verdi's Don Carlos. This is pretty interesting stuff.
Things we are missing:
Die Meistersinger with Lise Davidsen and Antonio Pappano. This is something I would really like to see. Otto Schenk is their current production.