Those who have made their Met debuts
- Lawrence Brownlee Don Pasquale W-yes 1972 Met-158
- Leah Crocetto Aida W-no Met-7
- Brian Jagde Aida W-yes Met-6
- David Pershall Andrea Chanier W-no Met-7
- Irene Roberts Dream of the Red Chamber W-no Met-36
- Heidi Stober Don Pasquale W-no Met-23
- Ellie Dehn La Boheme W-no Met-21
- Anthony Clark Evans Madama Butterfly W-no Met-14
Those who have not made their Met debuts
- J’Nai Bridges Andrea Chenier W-no Met-no
- Arturo Chacón Cruz La Boheme W-yes 1977 Met-no
- Vincenzo Costanzo Madama Butterfly W-no Met-no
- Erika Grimaldi La Boheme W-no Met-no
- Sarah Shafer Don Giovanni W-no Met-no
- Michael Sumuel Don Giovanni W-no Met-no
The number after the Met- refers to the number of entries for that person in the Met archives. I might think they are all fine singers, but I think any winner of an emerging star contest should have appeared at the Metropolitan Opera already.
I want to object to the inclusion of Lawrence Brownlee on the basis that he is already an established star of very high quality.
Leah Crocetto is a gifted singer and so is Brian Jagde. Either one would make an excellent winner.
From the list of those who have not yet sung at the Met my favorite is J'Nai Bridges with her gorgeous mezzo voice.
So who is your favorite?