The Santa Fe Opera has announced its season for 2021. There was much conversation about resisting COVID19, which I will not repeat. So here is the list.
- Mozart's Le Nozze di Figaro. The production is by Laurent Pelly. Harry Bicket will conduct.
- The world premier of Corigliano's The Lord of Cries with a libretto by Mark Adamo. James Darrah will provide the production. Johannes Debus will conduct. This will star Anthony Roth Costanzo and Susanna Phillips. It seems to be a joining of Euripides and Bram Stoker. It sounds like fun.
- Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin has Alessandro Talevi as the producer. Nicholas Carter will conduct. Nicole Car will portray Tatiana and her husband Etienne Dupuis will sing Onegin.
- Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream done in a fantasy production by Netia Jones. She has imagined it in the specific surroundings of the Crosby Theater in New Mexico. It sounds exciting. Harry Bicket will conduct. Erin Morley will sing Tytania.
- Angel Blue in concert. John Fiore will conduct the orchestra.
Harry Bicket is the music director of the Santa Fe Opera. This film played with the announcement.