If you are tired of these modern singers, here's a little Rosa Ponselle. This is from Spontini's La Vestale, an opera I would like to see.
- "When discussing singers, there are two you must first set aside: Rosa Ponselle and Enrico Caruso. Then you may begin." - Geraldine Farrar, soprano.
- "In my lifetime, there have been three vocal miracles: Caruso, Ruffo and Ponselle. Apart from these there have been several wonderful singers." - Tullio Serafin, conductor.
- "When you hear the voice of Rosa Ponselle, you hear a fountain of melody blessed by the Lord." - Mary Garden, soprano.
- "The most glorious voice that ever came from any woman's throat." - Walter Legge, record producer.
- "The greatest singer of us all." - Maria Callas, soprano.
- "The Queen of Queens in all of singing." - Luciano Pavarotti, tenor.
- " All this arguing about singers is nonsense. Anyone knows the best ever was Rosa Ponselle. The perfection of her phrasing is not to be exceeded." - me.
Post a Comment